Here are 10 of my favorite videos for kids’ speech therapy in the therapy room or at home. They can be used for speech, language, basic concepts, and social language.
- Kids love the movement/action in this GoNoodle video, which makes it another fun video for following directions. It can also be used for pretending or labeling actions and objects.
- Use this video to talk about expected and unexpected outcomes, favorite pairings, feelings, comparing and contrasting, and overall joy!
Life on the Farm
- Take a tour of farm showcasing pigs, goats, horses, etc. Describe the animals, label animals, describe their environments, use for requesting, making animal sounds.
- Baby Shark! The repetition can be great for little ones in early language. Adults can sing part of the song and pause for the child to sing the rest. For example, “Baby shark…..”(child: “do do do do do”)
- Target: Perspective-Taking (taking over a conversation)
- This video/story is great for a variety of targets and ages:
- Target basic concepts, including “big, long, cold, fluffy, scared, over, under, through” and so many more.
- Labeling actions and objects.
- Add movements and actions for following directions, imitating movements.
- Target sequencing and retell.
- Google free activities online to print and sequence, or just have the child draw their own pictures. Cut the pictures out, sequence them back together, and retell the story.